Best Big Island Snorkel Tours in Hawaii on the Kona-Kohala coast just 10-15 minutes from Waikoloa & Kohala Coast resorts. Your Snorkel Dreams include swimming with turtles in tropical waters & amazing dolphin watching excitement on a state of the art power catamaran! Snorkel Tours depart Kawaihae Harbor South small boat harbor located directly below Pu‘ukoholā National Historical Site and adjacent to Pua Ka Ilima o Kawaihae Cultural Surf Park inside Maston teminal, and a brief 10 to 15 minute drive from the all the major resorts of the tropical Kohala Coast of Hawai‘i, the Big Island.
Kohala Ocean Tours invites you come snorkel in calm, crystal-clear waters, an underwater paradise of pristine, colorful, coral reef gardens, make your snorkel dreams a reality. See dolphins, swim with turtles, hear the whales singing, and keep a watchful eye for giant manta rays. Begin your day on a morning snorkel tour as we explore the scenic Kona-Kohala waters for pods of our resident spinner dolphins. Experience the excitement as the curious wild dolphins swim up to the boat take a closer look and astonish you with their aerial acrobatics. With the plenty snorkel sites to select from your Captain will choose the optimal spot for the best snorkel experience imaginable. Take a guided reef exploration with a local water guide & relax on board with your captain enjoying fresh island snacks and cold beverages! We specialize in intimate small group charters.
- Friendly captains & crew paired with the Best snorkel sites on the Big Island
- Modern 2015 aluminum luxury catamaran “LavaKai II”
- 80% covered deluxe padded seats with backrests & full restroom
- 8 Speaker Stereo with hydrophone to hear the underwater world
- Learn about responsible management of ocean resources
- Guided reef exploration with a local water guide!
- 11 miles North of Waikoloa & Kohala Coast Resorts on the Kona-Kohala Coast.
- Cold refreshments and fresh island snacks are available throughout the trip.
- Departures from Kawaihae Harbor may require government issued photo ID.
- What where does the Dolphin Snorkel Cruise depart? 11 miles north of Waikoloa is Hawaii’s newest Harbor Kawaihae Harbor South, the perfect place to begin a great day on the water!
- I do not know how to snorkel? Our experienced crew specializes in teaching guests the basics AKA Snorkel 101. We will teach you how to use your gear and guiding you to the best snorkel spots on the reef.
- Are we going to swim with Dolphins? At anytime dolphins can swim into our snorkel spot and quite regularly do they are very curious mammals. We do not put snorkelers in the water in the middle of dolphins pods to swim or chase dolphins around , instead we respect dolphins and invite them to check us out on the reef. Daily we see the dolphins at play and will give you a dolphin experience in a safe responsible manor to ensure a sustainable dolphin population for future generations.
Tours daily. Approximately 3.5 hours , departs from Kawaihae Harbor South.
Fresh banana bread, snacks, granola bars and cold beverages.
Snorkel Lesson, Snorkel Gear, and Flotation Devices.
Family fun activity for all ages.
Wear a swimsuit, cover-up, bring towels and sunscreen. We’ll provide the rest!