Castaway on an epic Hilo, Hawaii Waterfall & Dolphin adventure to see the Best Big Island waterfalls meet the sea along the breathtaking Hamakua Coastline. Enjoy an exhilarating ride on our luxurious 40ft pleasure catamaran “Lavaone.” Discover dozens of stunning waterfalls with exclusive views of dozens of the best Hawaii waterfalls, only accessible on a Lava Ocean Tour from Hilo. You’ll also, see lush tropical landscapes, learn the stories of historical places, and explore unspoiled Hawaii sites.
- View 25-40 stunning waterfalls daily and plenty more on a 3 hour ultimate waterfall extravaganza.
- Encounters with wild dolphin pods, whales (Dec.-May), flying fish, and an array of sea birds.
- Surf spots, sea caves, rain-forests, black sand beaches and stories of Hilo’s once thriving plantation era are all a part this unique adventure.
- On clear days panoramic views of Hawaii volcanoes Mauna Kea, Mt. Kilauea & Mauna Loa.
- Modern 2014 built boat has 2 full restrooms, stereo sound, comfy padded covered seating and is powered by 4 Honda 250HP motors
- Fresh island snacks and beverages provided throughout tour
Restrictions: Must be at least 4 years of age with no major surgeries in the past 3 years, tour is not for expectant mothers, or anyone who has health issues that maybe aggravated by an open ocean tour.
What to Bring & Wear: Dress to go boating you may get wet , hat, sunscreen and a light jacket or sweatshirt, wear any kind footwear.
- How long is tour and how far? This 3 hour Big Island tour covers an amazing 40+ miles .
- Are we guaranteed to see waterfalls and dolphins? Due to the fact that Hilo receives over 200 inches of rain annually most of our waterfalls run year round and we guarantee you will see waterfalls as for dolphins we see them about 3/5 trips.
- Will we get cold during boat tour? Temperatures on the water are only a degree or 2 different then on land most passengers do not notice a difference, if you get chilled easily its recommended you bring a jacket just in case.
Adults (13+) $145
Juniors (6-12) $119
Child (5 & under) Free
Daily departures, Approximately 3 hours round trip, departs from Wailoa harbor in Hilo Town near Suisan Fish company.
Fresh island snacks & beverages throughout tour.
2014 modern aluminum catamaran built by Armstrong Marine a custom tailored vessel for open ocean conditions in East Hawaii. The “Lavaone” is 40 x 14 with 4 x 250HP Honda motors and is US Coast Guard Rated for 49 passengers.