Waikoloa Manta Ray snorkel adventure cruise is at night for the best viewing of the manta rays on the Kohala Coast. You can see manta rays during daylight hours if your lucky, however they feed most actively at night when thousands of plankton rise towards the surface providing a symbiotic relationship and the ultimate night snorkel cruise. Using high powered ECO LED manta safe lights, we are able to draw plankton toward the surface thus enticing the mantas to our snorkel destination. Unlike the crowded Kona “manta heaven” & “manta village” sites near the Sheraton Keauhou, Kohala Tours offers boat tours to see mantas feed in Waikoloa near the Kohala Coast Resorts for you to enjoy an intimate manta ray experience. Come enjoy the ultimate manta ray snorkeling experience today!
- Great Big Island Activity for snorkelers of all abilities
- Enjoy a Hawaiian Sunset with the mantas as the main event
- Small group guided snorkel cruise to exclusive destination
- Beverages & Snacks available throughout the cruise
- State of the art lights turn night to day
- Snorkel gear, flotation devices & wet suit provided
Restrictions: Be in good general health, must be able to climb 4 step ladder to enter boat from water. No expecting mothers or no swimmers.
What to Bring & Wear: Wear your swimsuit under a cover-up and bring a light jacket for after we get out of the water.
- Are Manta Rays Dangerous? No they are docile creatures that feed on plankton unlike their relitive the Sting Ray they have no stingers.
- Whats the chance we will see Mantas? The chance to see Manta Rays is extremely good some nights over a dozen mantas come out to play others only a a few. You naturalist guide will lead your to the vest spots and give you tip on how best to see and interact around the mantas.
- Snorkeling at night sounds scary? Once we turn on the light the ocean lights up like a night time pool party jump in for the experience of a lifetime on this “must do” Big Island Tour.
Tours operate on Mon, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. Check in is at 5:30PM boat departs at 6:00PM from Kawaihae Harbor South on the Kona Kohala Coast.
Snorkel gear, fins, masks, wet-suit, flotation devices, snacks, granola bars, nuts, soda and juices.
Manta Ray Snorkel Adult (7+) $109